Workshop Coordinator (Auto Electrical)
NB Industries is a leader in the supply of automotive, mechanical and communications services for the region. Servicing a variety of clients and industries, we specialise in auto electrical, mechanical, fleet management systems, radio communications, networking, backhaul point to point systems and access control from small business to heavy industry. Based in Mackay QLD, we are ideally situated to service the needs of our clients within the Mackay, Bowen Basin regions and beyond.
About the role:
Our busy Paget based Auto Electrical department currently have an opening for a motivated and professionally minded individual with exceptional attention to detail and technical knowledge to join our team in the role of Workshop Coordinator. This role is key to our business, requiring a focused and driven professional who is extremely adaptable to any situation, to provide an effective leadership and support function to a team of Auto Electricians and Apprentices whilst delivering an impeccable level of customer service to our valued customers and clients.
In this challenging yet rewarding role it will be essential that the successful candidate possess an outstanding ability to multi-task in high pressure, fast paced situations, enabling the ability to carry out the following operational requirements:
- Monitor workflow within the Auto Electrical division ensuring full utilisation of labour and resources to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Supervise, motivate and mentor a team of trade qualified Auto Electricians and Apprentices to enable a high standard of quality work delivered within allocated time frames, avoiding rework.
- Oversee all submissions of daily/weekly job sheets/time sheets, ensuring completion is of a high standard, detailing all parts, equipment, consumables and labour hours are recorded to produce maximum productivity for all scheduled works.
- Effectively delegate various operational tasks within a competent and efficient team.
- Work closely with the workshop Leading Hand to achieve desired operational results and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with the Workshop Administrator to enable support and a consultative approach to all matters concerning weekly time sheet collation, invoicing and parts allocation to service orders.
- Ensure all works are carried out in compliance with the original quotations and allocated timeframes, seeking further approval from customers/management if works deviate from the original quotations/timeframes.
- Provide concise and consistent communication with various tiers of management, enabling updates, developments, issues, challenges within your working sphere and team.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures ensuring to lead by example in all areas.
- Minimal 2 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Relevant Trade Qualification – Automotive Electrical Technology (preferred but not essential)
- Intermediate computer knowledge, skilled in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Professional telephone manner and personal presentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and think on your feet
- Team player with a “can do” attitude with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to build relationships with customers and internal personnel alike
- A proactive approach to your working environment, leading, motivating a team and driving change
- Secure full time employment
- Great company culture
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Regular team building sessions
- Fantastic company rewards program (Perkbox)
- An opportunity to lead your own team and drive positive change
If you are a natural born leader with the ability to drive change and seeking a new challenge then apply here today to ensure you don’t miss out on this rare opportunity.
Applications Close: Friday 17th July 2020
Only candidates satisfying the criteria of this role will be shortlisted/contacted.
NB Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.