NB Industries is a leader in the supply of automotive, mechanical and communications services for the region. Servicing a variety of clients and industries, we specialise in auto electrical, mechanical, fleet management systems, radio communications, networking, backhaul point to point systems and access control from small business to heavy industry. Based in Mackay QLD, we are ideally situated to service the needs of our clients within the Mackay, Bowen Basin regions and beyond.
About the role:
Our busy Paget based Spare Parts Department currently have an opening for a motivated and focused individual with exceptional business acumen to join our team in the role of Spare Parts Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is key to our business, requiring a professional with outstanding managerial skills and a positive attitude to provide effective leadership to our Spare Parts team.
In this busy role your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Oversee the business performance of the Spare Parts operations and its team members with a focus on maximising parts sales, supply and distribution to various internal and external customers.
- Utilising your extensive product knowledge, provide effective leadership, training and mentoring to your team, demonstrating the ability to drive change and performance.
- Create and maintain a set and acceptable stock inventory within company parameters
- Maintain stock control to ensure fast moving parts are at correct stock levels.
- Ensure parts sales are achieved by on-going promotion and management.
- Create reference points/manuals for parts including odd/obscure parts.
- Develop a competent team and implement various functional internal processes, procedures and workflows to enable efficient operations of the Spare Parts Department.
- Actively monitor weekly and monthly sales order reports as well as closing off end of month sales order in a timely fashion.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships within a multidisciplinary environment, including internal and external customers.
- Minimal 3 – 5 years’ experience within a similar role
- Spare parts sales experience within automotive electrical or mechanical industries, with excellent product knowledge
- Excellent computer knowledge, skilled in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other systems
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills
- A proactive approach to your working environment
- Ability to lead a team, drive change and encourage performance
What we offer:
- Secure full time employment
- Friendly and supportive team
- Regular management team building sessions
- Great company rewards program (Perkbox)
- An opportunity to lead your own team and drive positive change
If you are a natural born leader with the ability to drive change and seeking a new challenge then apply here today, to ensure you don’t miss out on this rare opportunity.
Applications Close: Friday 17th July 2020
Only candidates satisfying the criteria for this role will be contacted/shortlisted.
NB Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.